Optimize your Google My Business with these steps
It’s beneficial to set up your FREE Google My Business (GMB) account so that users can find you when they are searching for your products or services. Google’s local search results display a list of local businesses nearby before the user sees any other search results. Make sure you optimize your listing so that you appear in the top 3 listings, as the majority of users won’t even scroll further down than that.
Follow these steps to optimize your GMB listing:
- Set up your listing – Claim your business listing to get started. Fill out every field and ensure that the information is accurate.
- Select a category – Choosing a category helps Google determine which searches your listing is relevant to. Choose the most specific category possible to improve your chances of appearing in the top results.
- Add photos – Images make your listing stand out and give users an idea of what to expect. Make sure your photos are high quality, as they represent your business.
- Use consistent information – Define a standard way in which to display your address and phone number. Make sure your listings match the information provided on your other marketing materials.
- Use a local phone number – Having a local area code signals to Google that you are a local business.
- Verify your listing – Google requires you to verify your listing once you’ve submitted your information. Verify your listing by mail if you can, as it signals to Google that you have a physical address and are not a false listing. This usually takes less than a week and is vital to your listing’s visibility.
- Avoid suspension – You can be suspended by Google for offenses like keyword stuffing, having multiple listings for the same location, using a URL that redirects, and more. Avoid these pitfalls to stay on Google’s good side.
- Get reviews – Send a Google review link to your customers asking them to review your business. The more positive reviews you have, the higher your listing’s optimization.
Stay in front of customers with GMB
Although it may take some effort, the results of optimizing your listing can be big. When a user is searching for a product or service you offer, you want to appear in the top three listings to get in front of them. So take these steps to optimize your GMB listing today!
Questions? Contact the digital marketing experts at ADVAN Design to learn more about optimizing your GMB.