Digital Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing
Technology has changed the way businesses operate in our world today, and large businesses are not the only ones who can benefit. When small businesses get started, they are focused on getting customers. While traditional advertising has its place and can be effective, there’s an easier way. Small business owners should consider the pool of prospects available to them online.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
Let’s face it – we live in a digital world. Technology has made information more accessible, and users are searching online every day, multiple times a day. But why wait for a customer to find you on the internet when you could reach out and find them first? Digital marketing allows you to be found and to find your target customers.
Other benefits of digital marketing include:
- The ability to reach prospects globally
- Can be more cost-effective than traditional marketing
- The ability to interact with your prospects
- Provides measurable results
- Can increase revenue
- Improves brand reputation/recognition
Digital Marketing for Small Businesses
All businesses, no matter the size, can benefit from investing in digital marketing. Digital marketing can be done on just about any budget and is scalable as your business grows. Here are some reasons why digital marketing is crucial for small businesses:
- It can help you build lasting consumer relationships. – Digital marketing doesn’t stop at the checkout. It has the power to turn your customers into brand ambassadors. Build trust by using digital testimonials from happy customers, to build trust with prospective customers. Engaging with customers on social media can help them keep your brand in mind the next time they are searching for your products or services.
- It can help you compete with large businesses. – You don’t need expensive tools or huge budgets to achieve your growth or profit goals. Knowing your target audience will go a long way when it comes to digital marketing. And digital marketing aimed at those audiences can be more effective big marketing budgets.
- You can optimize your budget. – Digital marketing is more efficient than traditional marketing, due to its targeting capabilities. Instead of randomly distributing information, you are selectively targeting who hears your message. This allows you to optimize your budget and brings the added bonus of being trackable.
- Consumers can find you. – When your customers are looking for something, they’ll most likely start by searching on Google. If you don’t have a presence online, potential customers won’t be able to find your business and will most likely go to a competitor. Start with a Google My Business listing to allow your business to be found.
- It builds trust. – Have you ever searched for a company on the internet only to find that they don’t have a website? Just having an online presence makes businesses appear more trustworthy. And the best part is that any small business can take advantage of the opportunity to engage customers online.
What’s stopping you from implementing a digital marketing plan for your small business? Even if you have a smaller budget, the possibilities are endless. Start with something small, like building your Google My Business page, and you’ll see the impact that digital marketing could have on your business. Still have questions? Contact ADVAN’s digital marketing experts today to learn how you could start seeing amazing results.