An innovative business card can make you stand out from the pack. Sure, we live in a digital world. But that doesn’t mean handing out a physical business card is a dead art. Finding a physical card in their wallet the day after a networking event can help you stay in a potential customer’s mind.
Your business card is also a chance for you to make a first impression and let the other person know what you’re all about. Follow the tips below to make your business card the most memorable one in the pile.
- Keep it Simple – While it’s important to have your contact information on your business card, you don’t want to pack it so full of information that the person you hand it to gets overwhelmed. Keep it simple and include branding elements as well as one key message you’d like to get across. Remember – you’re handing out a business card as a reminder of what you do, not to tell the whole story.
- Network Responsibly – Do NOT use your personal social media accounts on your business cards. Only include social networking handles if they’re professional.
- Keep it Classy – Be sure you keep your business cards in a safe place so that they don’t get crumpled or smudged throughout the day. Remember, this is your chance at a first impression, so don’t mess it up by stepping off on the wrong foot.
- Design Specifically – Think about all the different types of clients you deal with. Now why would you design just one business card for all of them? You need to think about each one specifically. What type of industry are they in? Design a business card tailored to each client to keep things unique.
- Reinforce Branding – Use your brand colors and logo on your business card. This is not the place to try out new fonts or colors. Keep things consistent with your other marketing materials in order to achieve brand recognition.
- Keep it Legible – No need for fancy fonts here. Business cards should be easy to read at a glance, with information clearly displayed.
- Go Professional – When printing business cards, go professional. Choose a top-of-the-line printer and stock in order to achieve the most professional business cards possible. While the cost may be higher, the results will be well worth it.
- Be Original – Make sure your business card speaks to your business or the company you are designing for. The design should be memorable and original in order to stand out among a sea of other business cards.
Whether you’re looking to implement a new logo, letterhead, or business card, ADVAN is here to help. Our professional marketing materials can help you stand out from the crowd and make sure your business card doesn’t just get thrown in the trash bin months down the line. Want to learn more about our branding and logo design services? Contact us today.
In a hurry? Check out our 24-hour design services.