Are you thinking about designing a new website or redesigning your existing website? If so, it’s important that you understand the relationship between website design and search engine optimization (SEO). While they are different, both website design and SEO can give your website visitors what they want and help grow your business.
At ADVAN Design, we create beautiful websites that are also optimized to meet Google standards. We always say, what’s the point in having a stunning website if no one can find it? A search engine friendly website will help your newly designed website get found on the Internet. Here are some ways that SEO and website design go together.
- Mobile-Friendly – Obviously, if you don’t have a mobile friendly website in today’s world, you’re going to miss out on a large pool of potential customers. In order to reach a wider customer base, make sure your website is designed for mobile and other sized devices, not just a desktop size. Having a mobile optimized website can improve your SEO and build your ranking on Google.
- Website Speed – Have you ever waited more than 5 seconds for a website to load? Probably not. You most likely clicked off that website after waiting for a few seconds and went to a different one. Make sure that your designer or website design company optimizes images, removes unnecessary plug-ins, etc., in order to achieve the best site speed.
- User Friendly – It’s important that your website navigation is designed to be user friendly and intuitive. If a user can’t find what they’re looking for quickly, they’ll leave your site. Not only is intuitive design beneficial for your website SEO, but it’s also important for improving user experience.
- Site Maps – A site map helps search engines to find, crawl, and index your website content. Make sure your site map makes sense and that you have a hierarchy in place in order to improve Google rankings and also bring in more traffic.
- Content – Relevant content is key to keeping users on your site and ranking highly on search engines. Not only is it important to launch your website with relevant and keyword-focused content, but you must also update that content frequently to keep your Google ranking. Create content that answers your audience’s questions, such as FAQs, how-tos, or case studies. Remember that although your content should be optimized for Google, it needs to resonate with your audience as well.
After reading through this post, you should no longer consider SEO and website design two separate things. Designing a beautiful website means nothing if no one can find it on the Internet! At ADVAN Design, all of our websites are designed to be aesthetically pleasing and to Google’s latest standards. We understand that both SEO and website design can work together to make your website stand out and help your business grow. Want to learn more? Contact us today.
Get a personal consultation.
Call us today at (330) 688-1324