When you browse websites or social media platforms, you may come across posts that say “Promoted Stories” or “Recommended for You.” These are examples of native advertising. Native advertising blends into the content on the platform in which it is placed and delivers messaging in a non-sales way. These ads actually look like they belong in the interface and therefore don’t interrupt the user experience, which is a key to native advertising.
Native ads can appear as “in-feed” ads, search and promoted listings, or content recommendations. Although they can appear to be part of the web page, you can tell a native ad from a regular post from one of a few distinguishing features. For example, a native ad may contain the words “Sponsored,” “Recommended,” or “Suggested.”
What is Native Advertising and How to Use Native Advertising?
Marketers use native advertising for a few key benefits:
- They work! Native advertisements have 10x better performance than traditional mobile ads.
- They cut through the clutter. Your audience gets bored with seeing ads and stops paying attention to them after a while. Native advertising allows you to engage your audience.
- Native ads have a significant effect on purchase behavior.
- This type of content may get more shares.
An increasing number of marketing professionals are choosing native advertising over traditional mobile ads, and it’s easy to see why. However, if you’re going to use native advertising, you’ll want to keep some rules in mind, including:
- Make sure it fits. Share information about your brand without making users feel like they’ve left the site to visit an ad.
- Make sure you inform the user that they’re viewing paid advertising.
- Storytelling. Create engagement with your content by telling a story.
- High-quality video content increases engagement and retention.
When used properly, native advertising can have several benefits, especially if you play by the rules. It’s clear that this increasingly popular form of advertising is here to stay. If you’re interested in testing native advertising, contact the ADVAN team today!
Get a personal consultation.
Call us today at (330) 688-1324